Qualitatively, you can go on a variety of job boards and see just how in-demand network engineers are. For example, a search for “network engineer” on Indeed returns over 5,000 positions. Longer-term growth projections for the field range from ~4%-6.5% per year, depending on your source. In 2021, the average annual salary for a network engineer is over $87,000 with some lead network engineers making more than $124,000. As in most professions, more years of experience tend to translate to higher pay. Overall, the average salary is quite favorable when compared to most other positions in the market.
Maybe you’re just starting out, or you want to take your career to the next level. Or maybe you want to hit the reset button and start over in your career. Regardless of experience, knowledge and career trajectory, everybody can use advice along the way. Network engineer jobs revolve around the network of an organization.
Job Opportunities for Network Engineers
It has minimal implementation dependencies and compiled Java code can run on all platforms that support Java without the need for recompilat… In the meantime, learn more about how we can help you meet your critical hiring needs.
- Whatever you do, stay focused on your career goals and never stop learning.
- When you begin with a network engineer entry level job role, however, you’ll be less accountable for major projects and work more closely with other staff as you develop your skills.
- In India, the average starting salary for a network engineer is roughly 1.8 lakhs per year (15.0k per month).
- While another data suggests a junior network engineer jobs salary with less than 1-year experience on an average is $60,516 per annum.
- If you want to know how to become a network engineer or have been wondering, “What does a networking engineer do?
- You’ll also likely be tasked with configuring switch equipment, firewalls and liaising with the rest of the team.
The data discussed salary range for network engineers is according to Payscale. Not only the IT linux network engineer industry, but every other industry is also looking for network engineers, for their company.
Is Coding Hard to Learn? [Guide to Getting Started in 2023]
They may work closely with network architects in creating secure network systems and are charged with performing firmware upgrades and hardware changes. The expert is responsible for installing effective hardware and software tools to implement the proper functioning of the networks that align with network security. Besides a degree, many employers preferred a specialization degree in this job role related to the industry or field of network engineering. All the reasons mentioned above indicate why a company demands a network engineer. A person in this position is responsible for project implementation, software delivery, capacity management, network support, new features implementation, and operations of the wireless core. Also, this person ensures that the wireless core network provides highly available service and the best voice and data experience for users.
- The average salary for a computer network architect is $120,520, according to BLS.
- After you obtain a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field, you need experience working in information technology.
- The Similar Occupations tab describes occupations that share similar duties, skills, interests, education, or training with the occupation covered in the profile.
- This leadership position requires an ability to direct and motivate other employees toward the project’s goal.
- A network security specialist is an expert in the domain of administering security for the company’s network system.
- Compare network architect training programs online and in your area.
The demand for engineers and the booming industry is reflected in the average pay of the employees. CompTIA offers everything you need to prepare for your certification exam. Explore training developed by CompTIA with options that fit various learning styles and timelines. Whether you prefer self-study or classroom training, CompTIA has you covered. CompTIA certifications establish a baseline foundation of skills that you can build upon with other vendor or technology-specific certifications.
Western Governors University
Networkers provide balanced and reliable connections which enable companies to protect their data and asset communications, so it’s important to have a wide array of experience. The ultimate goal in networking is to keep the systems working smoothly and efficiently so the organization can continue carrying out standard operations. Some network engineers choose to remain with the same employer and wait for internal promotions, whereas others look for external opportunities for career growth. However, you don’t have to remain an employee in order to build a fulfilling career as a network engineer. To enhance a networking career, you might need to specialize in one or more areas of networking. After specializing, the networking jobs you may decide to apply for can include the following roles.
- A wireless infrastructure and mobility specialist also delivers new services and projects efficiently and with flexibility to support the business and its customers.
- At NexGenT, our network engineering program can take you from zero experience to career-ready in 24 weeks.
- Swift is a programming language created by Apple Inc. for macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS development.
- And when organizations plan for future network growth, it is Network Engineers who help strategize and materialize these strategies for successful implementation.
- The national average salary for a network engineer is estimated to be $72,000, so it doesn’t take long for your experience to equate to higher earnings.
A network administrator or the system administrator is often confused with a network engineer. It is a job profile that requires a professional who is highly skilled in managing and maintaining different types of computer networks. A network engineer’s salary might be different for a fresher who has the knowledge of the latest technologies over an experienced network engineer.
How Long Does It Take To Become A Network Engineer?
Let us look at some reasons why there is a demand for a network engineer. Security+ provides a global benchmark for best practices in IT network and operational security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT. Install any hardware or software, create back-ups for all systems, and monitor the system performance. The average CTC of a network engineer in India is approximately ₹3.4 lakhs annually. If you’re not interested in what you do, you’ll eventually get bored or frustrated.